[CAUT] Reactions, was disability insurance

Jeff Olson jlolson@cal.net
Sat, 21 Jan 2006 10:17:47 -0800

BR:

"I smiled and thought, "This guy is really warped."

That just made me nostalgic for Monty Python.  That was a pretty funny =
routine he came up with. :)

When I first started tuning, people would often say "My son/daughter =
isn't home from high school yet."  So I grew a sparse beard.  Then they =
expressed reservations about their daughter or son hanging out with a =
hippie.

Sometimes there's just no winning in this strange business :-).

JeffO
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Barbara Richmond=20
  To: College and University Technicians=20
  Sent: Friday, January 20, 2006 1:43 PM
  Subject: Re: [CAUT] Reactions, was disability insurance

    ----- Original Message -----=20
    From: Jeff Tanner=20
    To: College and University Technicians=20
    Sent: Friday, January 20, 2006 12:43 PM

    But my all time favorite was a Doctor -- yes, an MD, a college =
educated man -- who, when he found out what I did, said, "I thought you =
had to be blind to do that."

    Jeff

    =20

  I arrived to tune this guy's piano and one of the first things he said =
to me was when he was a child, the man who tuned his family's piano was =
blind, so as a child he thought all piano tuners were blind.  Then, of =
course, he discovered later that no, a person didn't need to be blind to =
be a piano tuner, but didn't I think it would be a fine Monty Python =
scene--John Cleese at the desk of a vocational school asking, "So, what =
do you want to be?"

  The unsuspecting would-be piano tuner would say "Why, I'd like to be a =
piano tuner, sir."

  "All right, please step into that room and your eyes will be plucked =
out....."

  I smiled and thought, "This guy is really warped."
  *
  *
  *
  *
  *
  *
  *
  *
  *
  *
  *
  *
  *
  *
  *
  *
  *
  *
  *
  *
  *
  *
  *
  *
  *
  *
  *
  *
  *
  "I think I'm in luv."
  *
  *
  *
  *
  *
  *
  *
  *
  *
  *
  *
  *
  *
  *
  *
  *
  *
  *
  *
  *
  *
  *
  *
  *
  *
  *
  *
  *
  We were married nine months later....

  Barbara Richmond (coming up on our 14th anniversary)