[CAUT] Differences?

Susan Kline skline@peak.org
Sat, 21 Jan 2006 01:38:31 -0800

At 03:54 PM 1/20/2006 -0700, you wrote:
>I guess the real question is, do women (physically, mentally…) have a
>harder time learning to tune??

I don't think I did -- but then, I had 22 years of playing the cello before
I started. Tuning came very naturally to me. I like being out in the field,
meeting people, talking with them, seeing their houses and gardens and
pianos. I like going back to old customers, and seeing how they're doing.

Shop work -- I put off starting. Some of it, like stringing, is kind of
neat, but tires me out a lot. Jobs like repininng, bushing keys,
regulating, hammer filing work out okay.

Susan