[CAUT] disability insurance

Jeannie Grassi jcgrassi@earthlink.net
Fri, 20 Jan 2006 16:28:00 -0800

Barb,

You got it, girl!  I have been told, on a few occasions, that I was called
because I am a woman.  But those times are few and far between....they don't
pay the mortgage, that's for sure.  I have encountered many more incidents
where I was asked if a man could be sent out.  And when I was building my
business, other techs in the area told me they tried to refer clients to me
and often when they heard a woman's name, they asked if they could have the
name of a man.  (These people did not know me and had never heard my name
before.)

So, while in a few cases we might actually get a break....it isn't the usual
reason we get business.  A woman who is successful in this business doesn't
get that way because she has been favored over men.  All of us have paid our
dues like anyone else and worked hard to get where we are.

Don't worry, guys...sexism is still rampant.  I'm sure most of you will have
plenty of work, as long as you do a good job and as long as pianos are out
there.  Women in the business are not going to be taking work away from you.

jeannie

Jeannie Grassi, RPT

 <mailto:jcgrassi@earthlink.net> mailto:jcgrassi@earthlink.net

  _____