[CAUT] disability insurance

Jeff Olson jlolson@cal.net
Thu, 19 Jan 2006 15:33:16 -0800

Jim:

"On a different note, Dan Levitan says that many people in NY are =
preferring women piano technicians over men because they don't want some =
strange man in their house. That may indicate the need for more women =
technicians. It could also mean that men techs need to be less =
"strange".   :- )"

So that means I either have to have a sex "reassignment" operation or a =
strangectomy.  Great.  I have no idea which one would be the more =
expensive or arduous.

:-(  JeffO
=20

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Jim Busby=20
  To: College and University Technicians=20
  Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2006 10:01 AM
  Subject: RE: [CAUT] disability insurance

  Jeff,

  =20

  How much does "disability insurance" cost? What does it cover? Would =
Brent Fischer have been covered for his hearing loss? It brings a lot of =
questions to mind.

  =20

  BTW, The LDS Church hasn't gone to fingerprinting, but they are now =
requiring "two deep leadership" which means that no adult can be alone =
with a minor. (It's not world wide, yet.) Also, there is a policy being =
considered that no adult may sit a kid on his/her lap. That will =
certainly make the nursery (1-3 years old) challenging when a kid falls =
and needs holding by the "mom" that is in the nursery. Ridiculous! A =
shame. (Although, if my kid had been molested I might feel different.)

  =20

  On a different note, Dan Levitan says that many people in NY are =
preferring women piano technicians over men because they don't want some =
strange man in their house. That may indicate the need for more women =
technicians. It could also mean that men techs need to be less =
"strange".   :- )

  =20

   Regards,

  Jim