[CAUT] disablity insurance

Jeff Olson jlolson@cal.net
Wed, 18 Jan 2006 17:33:06 -0800

I would just raise my rates to them to cover those ridiculous =
requirements.  If they didn't want to pay those rates, I'd tell them to =
go screw themselves.  (I wouldn't broadcast to them that I was charging =
them more.  But really, if there's no law that requires them to make you =
carry those things, it would seem perfectly reasonable for them to =
absorb the cost, since it's their policies which are generating it.)

JO
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Jim Busby=20
  To: College and University Technicians=20
  Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 4:08 PM
  Subject: RE: [CAUT] disablity insurance

  Hi Wim,

  =20

  Actually, I should have made it clearer. It's not for BYU that I need =
all the extra coverage, it's for the outside work I contract to do. The =
LDS church has "FM Groups" (facility management) of about 20 buildings. =
There are usually 4 or 5 pianos per building. I used to do three FM =
groups but now I only do one. It's kind of silly to pay that much for =
one FM group, but since the world has gone lawsuit crazy they felt they =
needed all contractors to have WC and liability insurance. You may =
wonder why I keep that FM group. Well, it's because that's where I live =
and I can't stand the pianos to be out of tune.

  =20

  Jim

  =20

-----