[CAUT] disablity insurance

Jim Busby jim_busby@byu.edu
Wed, 18 Jan 2006 17:08:27 -0700

Hi Wim,

=20

Actually, I should have made it clearer. It's not for BYU that I need
all the extra coverage, it's for the outside work I contract to do. The
LDS church has "FM Groups" (facility management) of about 20 buildings.
There are usually 4 or 5 pianos per building. I used to do three FM
groups but now I only do one. It's kind of silly to pay that much for
one FM group, but since the world has gone lawsuit crazy they felt they
needed all contractors to have WC and liability insurance. You may
wonder why I keep that FM group. Well, it's because that's where I live
and I can't stand the pianos to be out of tune.

=20

Jim

=20

________________________________

From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of
Wimblees@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 4:45 PM
To: caut@ptg.org
Subject: Re: [CAUT] disablity insurance

=20

In a message dated 1/18/2006 5:40:19 PM Central Standard Time,
jim_busby@byu.edu writes:

	Les, David,

	=20

	FYI, I have to carry one million $ in liability insurance to do
work for the LDS Church. It costs me $197.00 per year. They also require
workman's comp (I have NO idea why) but that costs me about $560.00 per
year. No disability, though.

	=20

	Regards,

	Jim Busby BYU

This is interesting. You work for a university, but they make you pay
liability AND workman's comp. In Missouri and Alabama, the employer has
to pay workman's comp. And it would seem to me, that an employer has to
cover you for liability, also.=20

=20

Wim=20