[CAUT] M & H model 50

Marcel Carey mcpiano@videotron.ca
Sun, 15 Jan 2006 12:07:17 -0500

Hi Aaron,
=20
long time no see. ;-) Hope you and family are well.
=20
I would suspect hammer butt felts could be too thin and the jack does
not escape properly on a softer blow. Have a look at the jack position
at rest and try installing a thicker butt felt on an offender to see and
feel if it would cure the problem.
=20
Marcel Carey, RPT
Sherbrooke, QC
=20

-----Message d'origine-----
De : caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] De la part de
Aaron Bousel
Envoy=E9 : 15 janvier 2006 11:51
=C0 : College and University Technicians
Objet : Re: [CAUT] M & H model 50

It's not bobbling with a firm blow. It's not something you would pick up
on while tuning, for example. It's on a softer blow, the kind when the
key might not completely bottom out. It's not a matter of the catcher
not catching, i.e. the catcher hitting the backcheck and bouncing off.
As I said, it works fine on a medium or hard blow, and that's in spite
of the fact that the catchers and butt "leathers" are not buckskin but
some kind of brown cloth that some of the manufacturers tried back in
that era. The owner does not have the money to do all that could be
done, though I have made her aware of that.=20

Aaron