[CAUT] Water/Alcohol on Yamaha Hammers

Keith Kopp keith_kopp@byu.edu
Tue, 10 Jan 2006 15:24:20 -0700

They say miracles will happen in the last days.

Keith Kopp
BYU

-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of
Jeff Stickney
Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2006 2:56 PM
To: College and University Technicians
Subject: Re: [CAUT] Water/Alcohol on Yamaha Hammers

List,

Wow, knock me over with a feather.  I was called by the adjunct today
and received an apology, and we had a lengthy conversation about
extending his concern for the Yamaha to include the whole piano
inventory (among many other things).  At this point, it looks like
things may turn out well after all, or at least as well as can be
expected.  The jury is still out over whether I will hang in there at
this university, but at least this situation has not forced me to leave
under negative circumstances.  I have a meeting later today with the
adjunct and other piano faculty.  Maybe we'll all plot to overthrow the
Dean.  Oops, I didn't say that.  Thanks again to all of you for your
input - any more ideas about new hammers would be great.  That will be
happening no matter what.

Jeff Stickney

Alan McCoy wrote:
> Actually Wim I don't think I said that he shouldn't put up with it. I
said I
> wouldn't be able to tolerate that kind of political BS. The difference
being
> that I wasn't offering him any advice, just what my feelings might be
if I
> were in his place. Even though I know some of the folks there (my wife
is an
> alumni, as is my musician daughter) I certainly don't presume to know
all
> the factors.
>
> Working on the piano is the easy part.  The people
though............yikes!