[CAUT] Water/Alcohol on Yamaha Hammers

Dennis Johnson johnsond@stolaf.edu
Tue, 10 Jan 2006 11:59:42 -0600

I also had some luck saving a set of Yamaha hammers on a C3 which had
been way over steamed - as opposed to water/alcohol.  Every case has
different players though.......   In my situation, after some reshaping,
 I cautiously admit to having added a bit of our traditional thinned
lacquer hardener to the shoulders....(had to try something).  Next day
both the customer and I were amazed. She started crying she was so
happy.    What do ya say?   That was about 3 years ago and it's still
good.   Sometimes ya get lucky......  always nice when there's more to
gain than lose.

cheers~

dennis johnson
St. Olaf