[CAUT] Hot Hide glue woes (??)

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Mon, 9 Jan 2006 09:20:08 -0800

What did it look like?

David Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net

-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of
Michelle Stranges
Sent: Monday, January 09, 2006 8:01 AM
To: College and University Technicians
Subject: [CAUT] Hot Hide glue woes (??)

Hi Folks..

I am wondering if I could get some feedback on the characteristics of
the glue *you* use.

I love hot hide glue (who doesn't??) but I am having concerns that
mine doesn't  "look" nice.

Now this *ain't* some girly thing- I just wonder if I've got
something weird here.

They say in the directions that it should look.. you know... kinda
transparent, healthy (sorry I don't have them with me)

While I *do* feel the glue I mix is gonna do it's job- it just
doesn't LOOK good.
The batch I've been working with- in no way is it transparent and a
light caramel color.
I have tried spirng water in exachange for regular tap water, clean
jars and brushes and Voodoo chants.

It still looks not like it should.

This has happened a couple of times and I even called Pianotek and
they gladly sent me some more to replace.

What color is your parachute?
(and glue??)

:)

Strange is