[CAUT] Water/Alcohol on Yamaha Hammers

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Sun, 08 Jan 2006 19:27:13 +0100

Jeff is at the University of Montana in Missoula. I used to live in
Whitefish just a couple hours north of there. Back then UM was a fairly
sizable University so I imagine they have a fair amount of pianos and
deserve a full time position for a piano tech.  I believe he is trying
to push for a 50 % position now which I suppose means they are hiring
him in peicemail so to speak.   If thats the case it wouldnt be the
first time. Bad economics as far as I can see any way you turn it.

Such schools are perhaps ok for a piano tech to build some experience
for some years... but if its institutional work you want... then you
should be looking for a school which will hire you full time for decent
wages and benifits.

As far as spreading the word around about schools that dont treat their
piano park seriously thus.... not a bad idea at all.... if we can reach
potential students of such schools.

Cheers
RicB

Certainly we are not the judge and jury here but there is enough data to
create a survey. I would be more interested to know what school this is than
to know the techs name. That way if I see a job opening I might think twice
about taking it. Students could research their potential schools here. Maybe
the school administrators will listen to what we are saying if we broadcast
the lousy state of their equipment......Naaaaaa

Keith Roberts