[CAUT] Alcohol/water on Yamaha hammers

Roger Jolly roger.j@sasktel.net
Fri, 06 Jan 2006 21:01:00 -0600

Hi Jeff,
                    I would fight the Alcohol/water treatment tooth
and nail.  It will distort the shoulders of the hammers and it  will
be hard to find a decent voice on the instrument afterwards..
   Having said that.  The new CF111 hammers are a huge improvement on
the older ones.   Let him go ahead and put a new set of hammers and
shanks on afterwards.
Add the Crescendo B/R and F/R Werzen felt punching's and it will
really upgrade that CF.
I have done 2 CF's in the last 6 months and the clients are delighted
with the results.

Regards Roger