[CAUT] puzzler

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Wed, 04 Jan 2006 21:01:00 +0100

Hi David

Cute puzzle to be sure.  You gotta wonder about the cloth being glued on
and not be allowed to dry.  Musta been a trainee at the factory or
somthing :)  Still.... high class factory.  Never ceases to amaze me all
the little things that can go wrong... even in a well made instrument.

sts..ok bout the prize :)  I didnt really hit it exactly on the head,
Joe was just behind me, and besides... its the first puzzler of the
year. That carries an award in itself :)

Ok... whose up next ?

Cheers
RicB

David Ilvedson wrote:

Whenever someone else does the puzzler, I say the same thing....when we
diagnose something it's never instantaneous but trial and
error....search, moving things etc. something you can't do with the
puzzler...but, that being said, I think you've got it.    I removed the
pedals brought down the sustain pedal lever (held up by a thin leather
piece, attached to the tray with a screw) and found the pitman/pushrod's
(haven't heard that one before) cloth on each end was off center and
flapping with loose glue underneath.   I suspect the cloth was glued on
and immediately put in the piano still wet.   A few pedal movements
mis-aligned the cloth....I removed them and cleaned off dried glue,
applied glue and let dry while I worked on their other grand.

Sorry, no prize.   Spent too much this Christmas...;-]

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, California