[CAUT] puzzler

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Wed, 4 Jan 2006 10:39:08 -0700

Cheesh, I was just about to say loose cloth <G>
Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
----- Original Message -----
From: "David Ilvedson" <ilvey@sbcglobal.net>
To: <caut@ptg.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2006 9:59 AM
Subject: RE: [CAUT] puzzler

> Whenever someone else does the puzzler, I say the same thing....when we
diagnose something it's never instantaneous but trial and error....search,
moving things etc. something you can't do with the puzzler...but, that being
said, I think you've got it.    I removed the pedals brought down the
sustain pedal lever (held up by a thin leather piece, attached to the tray
with a screw) and found the pitman/pushrod's (haven't heard that one before)
cloth on each end was off center and flapping with loose glue underneath.
I suspect the cloth was glued on and immediately put in the piano still wet.
A few pedal movements mis-aligned the cloth....I removed them and cleaned
off dried glue, applied glue and let dry while I worked on their other
grand.