[CAUT] Harvard Job Opening

Scott E. Thile scott.thile at murraystate.edu
Thu Aug 31 13:51:59 MDT 2006

> As a point of interest, I don't understand why a school would
> advertise nationally for a part time position like this.

I'm not sure they were intending to advertise nationally. I received the
info from Brad Smith, who is in the Boston chapter. He received it directly
from Lew who likely just intended for Brad to announce it to the local
chapter. I figured it might be of interest to some here, and that it
warranted posting to the list and the website. Those not interested in these
listings can simply ignore them.

I guess I'm soft on positions that don't pay much to start. One of them was
an announcement for my position, which came across pianotech (before this
list branched off). Turned out to be a great position for me--one that I
really love and appreciate, and which grew into being a pretty decent living
after a few lean years.

Some way or another we all have to pay some dues. I'd much rather work under
Lew at Harvard than do floor tunings ;)

Scott

Scott E. Thile, RPT
Piano/Instrument Technician
Dept. of Music, Murray State University
504 Fine Arts Building, Murray, KY 42071
Office Phone: 270-809-4396
http://campus.murraystate.edu/staff/scott.thile/index.html