[CAUT] Steinway Technical

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Fri Aug 4 17:25:28 MDT 2006

On 8/3/06 9:36 PM, "Ron Nossaman" <rnossaman at cox.net> wrote:

>> I will say that I only use it on metal surfaces because
>> that is what it is designed for; it is a mold release material.
>

> Which begs the question: why are we using a mold release agent
> for dry film lubrication when McGee makes a number of dry film
> lubricants?
>
> Ron N

Hi Ron,
    Do you have experience with these McGee products?
    I think Permalon/Emralon is a mold release agent also, if my memory
serves. I guess you could say that we're like the medical profession, which
uses a lot of drugs for their side effects, rather than for the purpose they
were originally designed for.

Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico