[CAUT] Steinway Technical

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Fri Aug 4 08:59:00 MDT 2006

> <grin>  I'm clueless, as usual, as to why the products labeled as dry
> film lubricants may have been passed over.
>

> Be that as it may, McLube is well-tested, and apparently can be
> successfully misused as a dry film lubricant...
>
> Kent

I've sure misused the 444 successfully off and on for a lot of
years, but always thought it was a bit weird. Looking in the
catalogs, Pianotek carries 1708L, a Molybdenum
Disulfide/Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) mix dry film
lubricant (intentional) and Schaff 1725L, which is a PTFE mold
release, as is the MAC 444A.

Whatever it says it's intended for, it's all pretty slick.
Ron N