[CAUT] Baldwin SD

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Sun Apr 2 13:06:12 MDT 2006

Hi, Avery

At 09:40 AM 4/2/2006 -0500, you wrote:
>Someone on pianotech mentioned a Journal article about refurbishing
>agraffes written by Paul Revnko-Jones (I know it's misspelled. Sorry)
>That's probably what it's going to take to fix the problem. Or replacing.

I think it's Revenko-Jones (but you're close ...)

You know, I think that if it were me, and I had to restring anyway,
I'd just put on new agraffes at the same time.

I believe that Roger Jolly had a technique -- take a large screwdriver,
and press hard on the speaking length of the unison, right up against
the agraffe. If the tone clears, you know where the problem lies. Hope
I got that right ... I've used the same approach, but at the bridge.
Take a large screwdriver, and press hard on the tops of the bridge
pins. If the tone improves, they are loose.

Susan