[CAUT] Baldwin SD

Keith Roberts kpiano at goldrush.com
Sun Apr 2 11:26:09 MDT 2006

Avery,
I know the difference in sounds. This didn't sound like a buzz or a rattle
either. I was there when the guy who tunes the huge pipe organ which is all
connected to the piano disc in the SD 6 and he played C5 and I said, 'that
note sounds horrible'. A rattle or a buzz is easy to find with the rubber
hose stethoscope but this seemed pervasive only through a section of the
piano. I chased that sound round and round through the bridge and pins and
hammer mating/alignment. Nothing was working and the agraffes don't look any
different than most pianos so even though it was the last thing left to
check, there is more reason to think it probably isn't the agraffes either.
I have taken about 60 classes at conventions and I have heard many sounds
and the associated fixes.

The clips would be the first thing I would check. The price might vary if
you fix it before you buy it.

Keith