Fw: Re: [CAUT] Hearing Protection Desirable for Tuning?

ed440@mindspring.com ed440@mindspring.com
Mon, 31 Oct 2005 08:05:45 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Don-

Like I wrote a while back, there is no point in pounding past the point of action saturation!

Ed

-----Original Message-----
From: Don <pianotuna@yahoo.com>
Sent: Oct 30, 2005 4:10 PM
To: ed440@mindspring.com, College and University Technicians <caut@ptg.org>
Subject: Re: Fw: Re: [CAUT] Hearing Protection Desirable for Tuning?

Hi Ed,

No, I try to keep my "strikes" at mezzopiano if possible. Oh, I used to be
a "hot dog" tuner and had a basher that weighed in at 7 oz. (about 200
grams to the rest of the world) but I realized one day (as a hammer shank
assembly went flying past my face, from a nearly new upright) that I was
over doing it a bit.

There are times that I do strike harder--but it is rare.

At 07:49 PM 10/30/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi Don,
>
>But what about your 20 to 60 cents pitch correction.  Did you not use
heavy keystrikes then?

>Ed

mailto:pianotuna@yahoo.com	http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7