[CAUT] Hearing Protection Desirable for Tuning?

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Fri, 28 Oct 2005 17:53:30 -0500

At 16:55 10/28/2005, you wrote:
>These measurements sound more like it.  Especially for those of us who set
>our unisons rock solid, ie use a thumper.  Then remember that a small room
>that echoes can double that 100 db into 110 db.
>
>Andrew Anderson

yup.

one thing I noticed in those practice rooms was it didn't matter where I
put the meter.  Initially I put the it up about where my ear would be, but
got the same readings in the pin area of a grand, on the bench next to me
or on the floor. (it _did_ get some higher readings there - possibly I
found an anti-node)

Conrad Hoffsommer

Early to rise: early to bed;
Makes a man healthy, and socially dead.