[CAUT] tech position

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Fri, 21 Oct 2005 08:17:06 -0500

At 08:06 AM 10/21/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>Who would determine how much "half time" is, and monitor the dividing of the
>time?  I would be worried that an administration would press the tech from
>both sides to spend more time, do more work, and the poor guy could be run
>ragged trying to please everyone..
>les bartlett
>houston

les,

That's what contracts are for. The negotiations certainly would be
interesting and legal counsel would probably be advisable.

Clauses for "extra" services, and possibility of a buy out option if one
school smarts up and wants a full-time tech after seeing what an advantage
it is.  Bidding war if they _both_ do... ;-} (why do I suddenly feel like
Perry Como?)

Conrad Hoffsommer
I tried to get a life once, but they were all out of stock.