[CAUT] lack of support

Jim Busby jim_busby@byu.edu
Thu, 20 Oct 2005 09:49:27 -0600

Wim,

=20

Just a thought - Do you attend many of their concerts? All of us should
go to as many faculty recitals as we can and make our presence known.
Call it brown nosing if you want, but when a faculty member gives a
recital I let them see me "hovering" around the piano as if their
recital was the most important event of the semester. From then on when
I see them in the hall they thank me for the work I did. Actually, I
didn't do that much extra work, I just made sure they knew I was there
for them. It greases the wheel enormously and they become friends. And
frankly, I think that's how we should all treat each other. One big
problem though, by making these friends I got my foot caught in the
door... I don't want to leave BYU and my friends.

=20

Regards,

Jim Busby BYU

=20

p.s. I don't really like going to all the recitals, but I do try to go
to faculty recitals when my pianos are involved. Afterwards, I'm almost
always glad I went.

=20

	=20