[CAUT] lack of support

Bdshull@aol.com Bdshull@aol.com
Thu, 20 Oct 2005 00:46:35 EDT

Hi, Wim,

This is SO normal....

Just a few observations:

Faculty and staff have a serious recital attendance obligation already, and
you can expect them NOT to attend programs that they don't have to attend.
It's a treat for you if they do, but not expected.   I'm sure it's not meant as
a slight to you!

It does highlight another thing, which is the extracurricular (and sometimes
curricular) musical activities of the piano technician.  I always think its a
mixed blessing to be involved as a musician at the school I'm tech at.   On
the one hand, it is fun, you can benefit the school and v/v.  On the other, it
can get messy.   The potential always exists for the piano service program to
be harmed by unnecessary stuff that comes down with politics etc of your
musical involvement.

Having said that, I just consented to be a secondary sponsor for a senior
honors project....lol   I think that should be a good thing, though, all the way
around....we'll see.

I know that it works for some, I also know (don't ask me how) that it doesn't
always work....

Bill Shull

In a message dated 10/19/2005 1:09:16 PM Pacific Daylight Time,