[CAUT] Mapes single bass string...

Fred Sturm fssturm@unm.edu
Wed, 05 Oct 2005 18:39:57 -0600

On 10/5/05 3:49 PM, "Chris Solliday" <solliday@ptd.net> wrote:

> Wayne Hicks was always very careful with the elasticity factor, but Wayne
> retired and things haven't been the same in my experience at Mapes. I too
> have reinvested in my knot tieing technique as a result, and that's been a
> good thingexcept for the bleeding. I think we're in a bit of limbo here, so
> if someone has had great, reasonably priced experiences somewhere, c'mon
> down. Chris Solliday
I got my last couple pairs of bichords from Pianotek. $10.50 per string,
seemed just fine: matched the measurements I gave, and the unisons tune. I
did splurge and go with pairs, as I have been for some time now. I haven't
had problems with the occasional custom bass from Schaff, either. Sets, I
prefer Arledge.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico