[CAUT] Anyone using UFO CA glue?

Susan Kline skline@peak.org
Tue, 04 Oct 2005 17:57:31 -0700

At 07:45 PM 10/4/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>I thought the CA and pinblock thingie lost favor because it seemed to
>tighten up very loose pins a little, but then actually seemed to loosen the
>tightest pins.    I've not had satisfactory results with it.

Hi, Les

Now, that's very interesting. Can you describe how you did it? How much,
timing,
condition before you started, maybe piano brands, whether the pinblock had
had glycerin tightener before? Had the pins been tapped down already? Were
there plate bushings?

I wonder if the humidity in Houston may have affected how far in it got
before it set up?

Ted Sambell didn't like the stuff, either, but I think it was because the
air at Banff was so dry it wouldn't set.

Susan