[CAUT] flashlight

Tue, 04 Oct 2005 17:27:36 -0400

Fellow Flashers -

Actually, I must somewhat un-ditto, or dis-ditto part of what Fred says and
what I said earlier.  The Streamlight has, thus far, proven to be hardier
than the previous flexible lights I've used, but for the purpose for which
I most often use this item, observing the position of the sostenuto rail in
relation to the tabs, the head of the Streamlight does not easily fit
between the strings.  The Bend-a-light Pro (Pianotek #BAL-16 P.D-19) did
fit, but, again, my experience with its durability was disappointing.  In
addition, its 16" length was inconvenient for my tool case.

The actual link for the Streamlight Stylus Reach (approx. 13" long), not
the Stylus Reach 18 (too long) is
http://www.streamlight.com/stylus_reach_info.htm .  It has a life-time
warrantee (not sure whether the light's lifetime or mine), which is good.

The best tool I currently have for getting between strings is without any
identifying name.  I hope someone recognizes it from my description.  It's
a black rubber cap that fits over the face-end of a Mini Maglight (2 AA)
extending from which is a stiff-ish fiber optic element, about 7" long and
3mm in diameter (mixing my measurephors).  Using this on a LED modified
Maglight works about as well as anything I've tried thus far.

David Skolnik