[CAUT] flashlight

Fred Sturm fssturm@unm.edu
Tue, 04 Oct 2005 08:20:32 -0600

I=B9ll ditto David on the Streamlight Stylus Reach. Great product. Gets in
just about anywhere, right where you want it, and is reliable and bright.
    Jurgen at Pianoforte Supply has a cheap LED headlight with strap, which
has a nice additional feature: magnet on back, so you can stick it on the
capo at an appropriate angle. At $10 I like to have a couple around, and
live with the problem that the switch is rather flimsy (wants to turn on or
off by itself, so I keep a piece of tape on it to keep it off unless using
it).
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico

On 10/3/05 10:20 PM, "David Skolnik" <davidskolnik@optonline.net> wrote:

> Jim, David, all -
> Ditto as to the problem.  My current repertoire consists of:
>=20
> Converted Maglight (as per Jim's comment below) - I've found it to be pre=
tty
> reliable, considerably brighter than the unmodified unit, though I'm stil=
> somewhat irritated by the pattern created by the reflector.
>=20
> Streamlight http://www.streamlight.com/    their Stylus Reach model
> http://www.streamlight.com/reach18.htm  which is a flexible shaft unit.  =
I've
> had bad luck with ALL the previous ones.
>=20
> Petzl Zipka   http://www.petzl.com/petzl/Accueil   This link is their mai=
> page.  The link to the specific page is too long,  This item is an LED he=
ad
> lamp, one of a number they have.
>=20
> Another company I want to look at is Surefire
> http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/co_disp/displ/pgrfnbr/16/sesent/00
>=20
>  <http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/co_disp/displ/pgrfnbr/16/sesent/00>=
 I'm