[CAUT] Anyone using UFO CA glue?

Ken Zahringer ZahringerK@missouri.edu
Tue, 04 Oct 2005 11:26:16 -0500

I experienced similar symptoms a few years ago.  A dealer I did some work
for had me CA the bridge pins on a grand he was rebuilding.  I was stuffy
for a few days afterward and didn't make the connection.  The second time I
used CA, on another grand bridge, I was plugged solid for a week.  That time
I figured it out.  Both these jobs used glue he got from Dryburgh, and both
times I was working in a fairly well ventilated room.  I guess I'm just a
sensitive guy.  I know at least two other people have done the same job in
the same room and suffered no ill effects.  I haven't used CA of any sort
since, and I don't plan on any experiments.  I haven't been in any
situations where epoxy or other more traditional substances wouldn't work
just as well.  (OK, I know lots of you disagree vehemently with that
statement, so don't bother clogging up the list :-).  I'm still never using
the stuff again.)

Regards,
Ken Z.