[CAUT] pitchlock

Jim Busby jim_busby@byu.edu
Mon, 3 Oct 2005 11:03:22 -0600

David, list,

=20

The tri chord bass strings in a D are also greatly helped by Pitchlocks.

=20

Jim Busby

=20

________________________________

From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of
David Ilvedson
Sent: Monday, October 03, 2005 9:06 AM
To: caut@ptg.org; pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: [CAUT] pitchlock

=20

List,

=20

Sometime ago I was complaining about a new Pleyel upright with at least
8 mismatched bi-chord bass strings.   I could'nt get a clean unison and
the octaves were impossible.  A few weeks ago I installed some pitchlock
clips to the offending bass strings and voila...much better unisons and
octaves.   I was going to change the bass strings...  Definitely worth
keeping in the tool kit.

=20

David I.