[CAUT] a bad habit??

Susan Kline skline@peak.org
Mon, 03 Oct 2005 09:15:47 -0700

At 10:57 AM 10/3/2005 -0400, Eric wrote:

>We have a couple here with the brass plate adaptation. The folding part
>already has a brass tube in it for the pin to rotate inside. When the desk
>is punched, the whole end explodes&something has to give since there is a
>lot of leverage there.

What I advise private customers is to support the desk from the back by
sliding a book or something between it and the lid, in the middle. I
suppose (being techs and all that ...) that we could glue a big block of
hammer felt to the case (or screw on a block of wood from inside the case?)
to support the flap; then we could watch it disappear or be busted etc.
later on ...

Susan