[CAUT] Baldwin desks

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Mon, 3 Oct 2005 9:04:00 -0700

It is a good design in general...much better than the tiny screws/hinge=
s imho...
David Ilvedson

Original message
From: "Jeff Tanner"
To: "College and University Technicians"
Subject: Re: [CAUT] Baldwin desks

"Upon further review..." it appears that someone tried to fold the musi=
c desk backwards, and it didn't go, so they thought they had to force i=
t.  I'm not worried about musical music desks.  Only one light bulb bur=
ning in the room at the tail end of the piano, which might be why they =
needed to "fold back" the music desk.

David, the fold down part already has a brass tube inserted in the end.=
  The folding part of the music desk is only so thick, and the tube of =
sufficient size that only the outside layers of veneer are supporting i=
t.  Some sort of metal capping would help.  Unfortunately, this one onl=
y has the screw holes up underneath pulled out.  You can't just put a p=
lug or toothpicks in there either.  It's a soft wood that just tears al=
l to pieces.

Jeff