[CAUT] Miking pianos

Michelle Stranges stranges@Oswego.EDU
Wed, 30 Nov 2005 14:19:30 -0500

When I was dealing with miked pianos we had a combination of expen$$$
$ive mikes- (2 AKG 414's), c-strips (pickups under the soundboard)
and the 'ol Helpinstill. And yes- a FOH sound guy to make it all
sound  good in the audience. ( I made it sound good on stage.)    :)

Hey... In fact let me see if I can link up the Helpinstill sitet..

Hang on...

OK-

www.helpinstill.com

These are still used today- and are popping up all over the place.

The ones we had pretty much lived in the piano(s)  but maybe you have
an extra grand floating around (heh!!)  that could be used for this
purpose.

Cheers-

:)
Michelle