[CAUT] Stands. slightly OT

Christopher Purdy purdy@ohio.edu
Thu, 27 Jan 2005 14:48:03 -0500

I thought about something like this for benches and stands a few years=20=

back but we were afraid someone would trip on a chain and sue the=20
school.  We too stencil our name on stands but they still wander off. =20=

We also stencil the room number on them but guess what?  Every quarter=20=

we go around collecting orphans and put them back in their rooms.  It's=20=

a losing battle, no matter what you do.

Chris

On Jan 27, 2005, at 2:18 PM, Porritt, David wrote:

> Several years ago a student music organization donated the labor to=20
> chain a music stand in each practice room.=A0 They stayed put really=20=

> quite well.=A0 A couple of years ago we bought Jansen Petite artist=20
> benches for all of our grand piano practice rooms and I=92ve chained=20=

> each of those to the pianos.=A0 They have all stayed where they are.=A0=20=

> Chain works!
>
> =A0
>
> dave
>
> =A0