[CAUT] Stands. slightly OT

Porritt, David dporritt@mail.smu.edu
Thu, 27 Jan 2005 13:18:04 -0600

Several years ago a student music organization donated the labor to
chain a music stand in each practice room.  They stayed put really quite
well.  A couple of years ago we bought Jansen Petite artist benches for
all of our grand piano practice rooms and I've chained each of those to
the pianos.  They have all stayed where they are.  Chain works!

=20

dave

=20

David M. Porritt

dporritt@smu.edu

________________________________

From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of
Wimblees@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2005 12:01 PM
To: caut@ptg.org
Subject: [CAUT] Stands. slightly OT

=20

This is a little off topic. It has to do with music stands. It seems
music stands are disappearing from the school. We are buying new ones
constantly to keep up. So our chair wants to ear mark stands for use
only in the band room, the concert hall and the choral room. He doesn't
want stands to be taken out of these places. He wants to make students
buy stands at the bookstore to be used in practice rooms and in other
class rooms when they practice in there with small ensembles. Some of
the teachers are saying this will not work. My complaint was that who is
going to be in charge of putting stands back when they are taken out of
the band room, etc.=20

=20

I am sure other schools have problems similar to this. Any suggestions?

=20

Wim=20

Willem Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician