[CAUT] h'chord regulation question

Alan Crane alan.crane@wichita.edu
Thu, 27 Jan 2005 09:11:28 -0600

Hi Wim,

Something you might find very helpful is Margaret Hood's excellent
"Harpsichord Repair Guide", which she published in 2003.
It is well written, nicely laid out, and is short and succinct enough to be
immediately useful to the beginning and/or ocassional harpsichord
technician______________________ completely readable in less than an evening.
The bulk of the text deals with repairs (and related construction
particulars) but also included are short sections on regulation, voicing,
and maintenance.
Margaret is actually on this list but she might be busy shoveling snow
these days.
She can also be reached at:

Margaret Hood Fortepianos
e-mail:HOOD@UWPLATT.EDU
580 West Cedar Street, Platteville, WI 53818 USA
(608)348-6410

Her web URL is:     http://www.fortepianos.pair.com/

At 05:26 PM 1/26/05, Wim Blees wrote:
>I'm trying to do some regulating on our Down double manual. The bottom
>manual activates both the short and long string ...

Regards,

Alan B. Crane,  RPT
School of Music
Wichita State University