[CAUT] Funny Noises

Overs Pianos sec@overspianos.com.au
Wed, 26 Jan 2005 07:45:46 +1100

Ken,

>I'm working on a Steinway D here and it has some clicks in it that
>are stubbornly resisting my best efforts to eliminate them.  This is
>a 1970 vintage piano that has some level of action rebuild done in
>1993 (before my time).  Some of this work wasn't done particularly
>well

As an added suggestion, it may be worth checking that the jack stop
felt in the repetition lever slots do not have a spot of glue on the
jack contact surface. Since this action was previously rebuilt
somewhat inexpertly it may be worth checking the offending notes.

Ron O.
--
OVERS PIANOS - SYDNEY
    Grand Piano Manufacturers