[CAUT] Congratulations Terry B. RPT ! (Modified by Kent Swafford)

Jim Busby jim_busby@byu.edu
Thu, 20 Jan 2005 12:35:57 -0700

Mark,

What finally got him to test? What can we use from his experience to
help other good techs take that step? You said it was his own
motivation, but did you or Chris coax him? It might be helpful to know.
We've got many here in the same situation.

Congrats Terry!

Thanks,
Jim Busby

-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of
Mark Cramer
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2005 11:30 AM
To: CAUT photos
Subject: [CAUT] Congratulations Terry B. RPT ! (Modified by Kent
Swafford)

Congratulations Terry Beckingham, now "Terry Beckingham, RPT!"

Terry has been tuning since 1982, an Associate Member of PTG since
1997, and
a contract tuner here (Brandon University) since 1998.

He typically travels the nine hours down from The Pas (by dogsled) once
every eight weeks, during the school season, and tunes about 40 of our
studio and practice pianos.

Terry has also taken residencies here in pin-block replacement and grand
regulation. His work is conscientious and precise, which we sincerely
appreciate.

This last year Terry began the exam series towards becoming an RPT. He
passed both the written and technical exams here, and as expected, his
work
was top notch.

We have no CTEs in Manitoba (due to incessant polar-bear attacks), so I
suggested Terry meet me out in Banff (photos) for his tuning exam.

Nearby Calgary chapter boasts two CTEs; Chris Gregg, and Lee Post, who
both
generously traveled out (snowshoes) for the occasion.

I'm proud to say not only did Terry pass, but his scores... , ooops,
we're not
aloud to discuss this are we?

Suffice it to say, Terry could solve our CTE shortage in the Manitoba
Chapter, if he so wishes.

I should also mention Terry's pursuit of RPT wasn't motivated by a need

build a clientele, or expand his business, just purely to have
confidence he
was providing best quality service! As for us, we never had any doubt!

Bravo Terry!

Mark Cramer, RPT
Chief Technician; Brandon University
Sessional Faculty Technician; Banff Centre for the Arts

Photo credits: Rolston Recital Hall, courtesy of the Banff Centre

[Large photo at:]

http://tinyurl.com/5ejc7

[Direct ptg.org URL:]

https://www.moypiano.com/ptg/files/attachments/9a/1d/0f/e9/