[CAUT] Re: Imperial with Breaking Bass Strings

Ray T. Bentley ray@bentley.net
Tue, 11 Jan 2005 16:24:16 -0600

Don't necessarily believe it.  A string broke on a Bosendorfer with me
before it got to pitch.  This one was a low bichord on a piano just over
10 years old.  Bosendorfer sent me a defective replacement from their
string scale pattern at first, and made me pay the shipping for the
returning the original for duplication when the one they sent was
defective.  I lost big money on that one!  Shipping at that time was
about $50 each way plus the thirty something for the string.

Ray

Ray T. Bentley, RPT
Registered Piano Tuner-Technician
Alton, IL