[CAUT] Gradually improving voicing

Phil Bondi phil@philbondi.com
Sat, 08 Jan 2005 06:25:57 -0500

Hello all.

I sat in the audience last night to hear a performance on a 'D' that I
care for. I noticed that it's starting to sound a little strident and am
looking for some advice to make it less strident with a busy concert
schedule coming up.

-My initial thought is to start to improve its voice from either end and
work my way towards the middle.

- Would it be wise to add any liquids to the hammers during my tunings,
knowing that withing a few hrs., the piano will be played for a performance?

The reason this has to be done gradually for right now is quite simple:
a very busy concert schedule coming up with time available to the
instrument limited at best. From what I heard last night, it MIGHT take
a little more than just needling to get it to where _I_ want it to be.
Also, please be aware that no one has complained about the piano..quite
he contrary..people have been very complimentary to me about the piano.
Regardless, what I heard last night could be made better and I'm looking
here for the advise and expertise of those here who may have been in a
similar situation.

-The one thing I have thought of is this: The piano will not be used the
entire month of February with Phantom coming into the hall. It MIGHT be
possible to work on it then, but again, I don't know if the piano will
be available or accessible. Phantom takes up alot of space backstage..

Thoughts and ideas greatly appreciated,

Phil Bondi(Fl)