[CAUT] pedal pin

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Tue, 11 Jan 2005 15:56:04 EST

In a message dated 1/11/05 2:36:09 P.M. Central Standard Time,
DMannino@kawaius.com writes:

Wim,

If you can't swage (swedge?) (i.e., smash with hammer) the pedal to  tighten
things up, I'd replace the pedal.  A large pin will be a problem  in the hinge
brackets.

Don Mannino

Thanks, Don, for that advice, but that brings me to another  problem. The
hinge brackets are fine, but the pedal pin is set in a plastic  bushing, which is
also worn out. The left pedal has the same problem. (I think I  exchanged
them once before, so now they're both worn out.)

I guess maybe a whole new set of everything is the best solution. Unless
someone has a better plan.

Wim