[CAUT] Gradually improving voicing

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Tue, 11 Jan 2005 06:42:06 -0800

Well actually, I was kidding.  I guess I forgot the smiley face, so it
wasn't obvious.

David Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net
-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of
Wimblees@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2005 6:16 AM
To: caut@ptg.org
Subject: Re: [CAUT] Gradually improving voicing

In a message dated 1/10/05 11:32:32 P.M. Central Standard Time,
davidlovepianos@comcast.net writes:
Until they read the reviews.

David Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Are you kidding. Most critics don't know enough to make that judgement.
All they know is whether the piano player and the orchestra stayed
together.

Wim

...  generally a pianist doesnt really give a hoot what the piano
sounds like out in the hall, unless they are out there sitting in it.
Ok.. I sharpened the point a bit... but its not far from the truth.  A
player has to feel the instrument has just the right presence on scene.

If he/she feels that,  then they are nearly always satisifed and either
dont consider the sound out, or just assume it must be ok.

Cheers
RicB