[CAUT] Gradually improving voicing

michelle stranges stranges@Oswego.EDU
Mon, 10 Jan 2005 15:29:50 -0500

I gotta chime in here and say...

Voicing perplexes me in the instances you are just now talking about.

"One mans trash is another mans treasure."- you know what I mean?

I've had some faculty memebers rave about the piano and other (di)faculty
members find *s*o*m*e*t*h*i*n*g they don't like about it.
Secretly I've ignored these ones and *pretend* I did something and tell
them I changed it to their liking.
Guess what?
They think it sounds WAAAYAYYYYYYYYYYYY better.

Arms up-.... you know you've done this!!!!!  (Placebo effect, eh?)

It's too chance-y a job to mess around with when it "works" in the most
prominant performance spaces.

To my knowledge, the piano is the only instrument that players can't tune
on their own, service the way they'd like?

Am I wrong?

:)
Michelle

(uh-oh- now that I've said alla this... can I still stay?)

--On Monday, January 10, 2005 3:03 PM -0500 Ed Sutton