[CAUT] Imperial with breaking bass strings

Horace Greeley hgreeley@stanford.edu
Thu, 06 Jan 2005 14:27:28 -0800

David,

At 12:07 PM 1/6/2005, you wrote:
>Hi all: anyone have experience with a twenty year old Bosendorfer
>Imperial? I saw one yesterday that had several bass strings replaced
>previously, and one broken when I arrived. while tuning two more broke at
>the becket. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this problem before.
>BTW, none of the broken/replaced strings are in the extended range of the bass.

Most unusual, unless there have been problems with whoever has been
"tuning" it and/or it has been generally mistreated (pounded/etc)...mostly,
however, the things I have seen have been tuner-related.

>  Thanks

Sure - not certain if that helps...

Best.

Horace