[CAUT] Keys and Security issues

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Tue, 4 Jan 2005 07:32:54 -0800

It seems that the implementation of such policies is the responsibility
of those who give you the keys, not you the user of the keys.  Are you
being accused?

David Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net

-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of
David Vanderhoofven
Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 7:23 AM
To: caut@ptg.org
Subject: [CAUT] Keys and Security issues

Greetings,

Does anyone have a security policy I could look at for ideas?  I have
keys
to several churches and college buildings containing many hundreds of
thousands of dollars of equipment, and I was thinking about putting
something in writing covering the handling of keys and other related
security issues.  At one college where I tune, several thousand dollars
of
stereo and other equipment has been stolen in the past.    A written
policy
could give my customers peace of mind.

Here are some ideas:
1.  All keys should be locked in a safe when they are not in use, to
prevent unauthorized use.
2.  Keys are not loaned out to anyone.
3.  Doors that are unlocked when I arrive remain unlocked, doors that I
have to unlock get relocked.
4.  The security office should have my photograph and pertinent
information
about my vehicle, so that they know why I am there and what I am doing.
5.  At a location where there is no security office, I check in with
someone at the facility when I arrive and when I leave.

Does anyone else have any good ideas?

Happy New Year!
David Vanderhoofven
Joplin, MO