[CAUT] Symptom descriptions

Nichols nicho@zianet.com
Mon, 03 Jan 2005 07:58:23 -0700

At 08:36 AM 1/3/2005 +0100, you wrote:
>John Hartman posted a few notes on this subject a while back. Entailed
>removing the keybuttons and replacing with much longer ones as I recall. I
>gotta wonder about the effect and longevity of glue soaking tho Guy.
>Perhaps it works fine, but I'm not sure this is really one of the
>strengths of CA or epoxy.

New key buttons, and/or shoes, would be a guaranteed improvement for sure.
We've seen solid evidence of increased stiffness in sound boards, with the
application of penetrating epoxy. That's why I was hoping someone had
experience with stiffening keys. Someone may have, after all, and is just
one of the 8,000 techs not on the lists.

>I dont really think theres a cheap and easy way of dealing with this
>effectively, but perhaps some of the more experienced woodworkers have
>some good suggestions.
>
>My diagnostics tools to confirm this is first a general sense of action
>compliance, then simply check the keys themselves.

Oh yeah, WE can diagnose flexi-key easily with a quick exam. My question is
more along the lines of translation and interpretation of "artist speak".
I've always found it entertaining to decipher what it is that "they" are
trying to tell us when they have a complaint... or situation, or whatever.

>RicB

Thanks,
Guy