[CAUT] Re: Restringing Treble

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Fri, 31 Dec 2004 19:31:36 -0800

Actually it does.  When you remove the bass strings you will see a rise
in pitch in the tenor section.  It tends to return somewhat to where it
was when the new strings are put on and pulled to pitch.

David Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net

-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of
Richard Brekne
Sent: Friday, December 31, 2004 6:29 PM
To: College and University Technicians
Subject: Re: [CAUT] Re: Restringing Treble

Sounds good to me... except that the bass doesnt seem to react the same
way at all. Take off all the bass strings and we dont see much of a
change in the other registers. Now I know there must be a good reason
for this... but it might be nice for the present congregation to hear it

one more time.

Cheers, and Happy New Year Jim.

RicB