[CAUT] Steinway Style II Grand

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Thu, 10 Feb 2005 22:20:48 EST

 << I have a customer with a Steinway Style II grand.  This was in production
for a couple of years between 1872 and 1873 before the introduction of the
Steinway B.  I hope some of you are familiar with this piano.   This piano
appears to be in original condition , but is in need of restoration/ preservation.
I'm looking for feedback on whether it would be best to restore the piano
-new soundboard, pinblock,bridge caps action parts.etc. or preserve the  the
piano using as many of the original components as possible?  >>

Is this piano one of the models with the 3/4 plate?  If so, there are some
structural considerations.
"??

Ed Foote RPT