[CAUT] "D" with a ghost

Ron Koval drwoodwind@hotmail.com
Thu, 03 Feb 2005 19:43:36 +0000

Jim writes:

Ron:  Pitchlock is not going to help the situation I describe.  There is
not that much mass in those little clips, and we aren't trying to lock two
strings of a unison together.  It might shift the problem to a different
set of strings, but that's about all.

John:  It's the same thing I told Ron:  I'm talking about the rear duplex,
not the front.  The front duplex is something else entirely.

<snip>

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear enough... The pitchlock couplers can be placed
many more places than just near the bridge pins on the speaking section of
string.  The rear duplex is certainly fair game.  It's not just about mass,
with two clips linking three strings, there will certainly be a pitch
change.  There's lots of room for experimentation.... snarly bass strings,
anyone?

Ron Koval
Chicagoland