[CAUT] Loan Program

Tunethepno@aol.com Tunethepno@aol.com
Tue, 16 Aug 2005 08:08:29 EDT

In a message dated 8/15/2005 9:32:37 A.M. US Eastern Standard Time,
atodd@uh.edu writes:

Does  anyone have any current information on the Yamaha loan program?
I remember  people saying in years past that they'd had a few problems.
Especially with  the pianos arriving on time.

I tune for two colleges, well one university and one college, involved in
the Yamaha program and as far as I can tell it is almost exclusively the dealer
in question that determines the delivery schedule. Sometimes there are
complications in communication between Yamaha and the dealer that delay things a
bit, but the times that pianos are delivered late (to the dealer and,
therefore,  to the college), are usually the times that the dealer got the order in at
the  last minute.
As far as I can tell, the pianos arrive in much better tune and regulation
than the Baldwin's in the previous loan program. It seems like I always had to
raise pitch and deal with sticky keys, etc. with the Baldwin's but I rarely
have problems with the Yamaha's. I don't have a good explanation for that.

John Stroup
South Bend, Ind.